Thursday, September 17, 2009

SL Scavenger Hunt

This week in SL we had to participate in a scavenger hunt. In small groups, we were given lists of landmarks we were to visit and take pictures of. My group and I split the list up and went our separate ways to explore the SL World. 

My first stop was my professor's house/office on Richmond Island in SL. I always love going to my professor's office because it is in such an unexpected place: the sky. I also think it is cool that he has an office in SL, because if I am for some reason unable to get to his real life office, I can just pop into his SL domain to get the help I need. It is a little hard to believe because a floating house is unrealistic, but that does not bother me. I still like it there. 


Professor Essid's Second Life House

Next, I teleported myself to the International Spaceflight Museum. By the way, that is one of my new skills, teleportation. I'm a pro now ;). Anyways the museum was great. I found out you can get on a space shuttle and go into outer space from there. How awesome is that? It's perfect for someone like me who knows they would never get a space shuttle but is still curious about the solar system. I walked around and attempted to talk to a few passersby but failed miserably. Overall though I thought the International Spaceflight Museum was the most interesting of all the places I visited.

International Spaceflight Museum

Although I had five places to visit overall, including The Theorists Project and the University of Caledon Oxbridge, I ended up back at the University of Richmond Island. I am most comfortable on this island for it is where I can recognize the most landmarks. There is a building that looks eerily similar to the Tyler Hanes Commons, and a number of buildings that tend to freak me out because I feel like I am looking at the real thing. Throughout all my travels I mastered the art of taking a snapshot (and asking peoples permission to take snapshots), and I am beginning to feel as though I know my way around SL. If anything I have the tools to get to where I want to go now. The scavenger hunt was not only fun, but very useful in helping me continue my learning of the SL world.

University of Richmond Island


1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for using "passersby" correctly.

    I like this old word and its odd way of becoming plural.

    ReplyDelete