Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far.

A "boss" is someone who is the best and most dominating participant in any sort of activity. So generally speaking, I am the biggest boss in everything I do. Well, perhaps not everything, but I am certainly good at a number of activities. For instance, I can read well, text quickly, and beat at least five people I know in a foot race. There is one activity, however, that I am most definitely not a boss of yet. In fact, I might go so far as to call myself a “newb” in this category. I am, of course talking about Second Life. I could make excuses for my lack of knowledge about this world, like I've only been Second Life for about two weeks, but I know that my questions are due to the fact that I am technologically challenged. My main question is so simple it is embarassing: how do I change the appearance of my avatar?? I have read numerous articles and watched videos that are meant to teach me how to do this, but I still am unable to make my avatar's hair blonde! It is incredibly frustrating, and I feel as if I will never figure it out. I get so caught up in my frustration sometimes that I often will claim that, "This world is impossible to maneuver! I will never figure it out!" I sincerely, sincerely hope that this is an incorrect claim, and that sooner than later I will be able to give my avatar some golden locks.

3 comments:

  1. Remember the old TV show, "Kung Fu"? I loved it in the 70s. The old teacher would say things like "follow the path to the source, Grasshopper."

    So, Grasshopper, to change your appearance, follow the path to our Getting Started in SL guide....here:

    http://iggyssyllabus.pbworks.com/Appearance

    and

    http://iggyssyllabus.pbworks.com/Radical+Makeover

    FINAL ADVICE:

    You are probably wearing a hair style that you need to detach. But then you will be bald. So let's make an appointment in RL or SL so I can show you how to attach some new hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like always you have a clever title for you post. i enjoy reading your posts mainly for the titles. Also just with anything else you do, it takes time to get used to and good at SL. I am no expert, but Dr. Essid will be able to help you with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, we need a fashionista, not a dreadlocked English professor or a fake hillbilly to help with her avatar. I'll do what I can.

    At least she won't be bald when I'm done!

    ReplyDelete