Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Burning Anticipation

Today in English 103 I learned about an event in SL called Burning Life. It is SL's version of a real life desert retreat called Burning Man. Although I cannot at this point describe exactly what it is going to be like, from Dr. Essid's description, the Burning Life retreat sounds pretty incredible. The pictures from last year's Burning Life that Dr. Essid showed in class were thought-provoking and unique. He talked about there being truly remarkable art exhibits with political pieces and beautiful portraits. He also mentioned there being events with music where the avatars mingle and dance; that is the type of event I would like to go to. There is an event on the 19th of October at 9 p.m. (aka 12 am) that I am hoping to attend. It is labeled "DJ Sporty," and it is described as basically a relaxing art exhibit with music and dancing. In other words, I'm SO there. I'll make sure to take some pictures and tell you all about it when I get back.


Note: I wrote this last thursday and waited to post it until after I went to the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment